10 Common Digital Marketing Mistakes Companies Make
1) Not Conducting an SEO Audit Regularly
An SEO audit is the process of evaluating your website to see how well it is performing on search engines.
What Are the Key Elements of a Technical SEO Audit?
There are three key factors to look at during an SEO audit:
- back-end factors, such as hosting and indexing
- front-end factors, such as content, keywords, and metadata
- link quality and outside references
Maxclix conducts a free, yes free audit for all clients. Imagine If search engines can’t access your site, you can’t rank and you become one of the 90.63% of websites that get zero organic search traffic from google. Yikes! Let Maxclix help you take advantage of free leads and help gain more traffic and audience engagement.
2) Not Thinking About Mobile Users
If you don’t have a dedicated mobile SEO strategy or want to know more, Maxclix has put together some best practices and tips to make your site mobile-friendly and generate more traffic. Search engine optimization for mobile is important to satisfy both users and search engines as it will directly correlate to your traffic and conversions.
- Configure your site for mobile devises
- Design your site for mobile users
- Prioritize page speed
- Don’t block script or images on your site
- Make great content
- Remember local search
As with most SEO practices, being mobile-friendly isn’t a one-time project. You have to continue to look at data to see what is and isn’t working, finding opportunities to reach the results you want.
3) Not Optimizing the Content on Your Website
Just about everyone uses search engines to find products and companies these days. About 60% of all consumers use Google search to find businesses, and over 80% of online searches result in direct sales or in-store visits. Below are 5 great tips Maxclix performs to help optimize your website.
- Key word research
- Create content with keywords in mind
- Speed up page load times
- Use landing pages
- Update page titles
With these five tips, your website will be consistently delivering you optimal results.
4) Not Using social media
Looking to fine-tune your social media marketing strategy? Let Maxclix help you along the way, here are some great tips and strategies we use to help our clients.
- Set goals that make sense for your business
- Take time to research your audience
- Establish your most important metrics and KPIs
- Create (and curate) Engaging social content
If you set goals and address each of the steps above, you’ll already be way ahead of the curve when it comes to your social media marketing strategy.
5) Not Doing Keyword Research Regularly
Keyword research is the process of understanding the language your target customers use when searching for your products, services, and content. Below are some critical steps MaxClix utilizes to help our clients gain a competitive edge on there competition.
- Brainstorm ‘Seed’ Keywords
- Research keywords your competitors rank for
- Use Keyword research tool
- Study client’s industry niche
- Search Volume
- Traffic potential
- Keyword difficulty
- Cost per Click (CPC)
6) Not Incorporating Videos into your digital marketing Campaign
Why should you focus on video marketing today? Simple it drives traffic and keeps audiences engaged. MaxClix specializes in video creation and recommends the following types of videos for improved digital marketing campaign.
- Demo Videos
- Brand Videos
- Event Videos
- Expert Interviews
- Educational or How-To videos
- Explainer videos
- Animated videos
- Case study and customer testimonial videos
- Live videos
- Personalized messages
7) Not Thinking About Hosting Speeds
Why is Optimizing Website Speed Essential for SEO The short answer is that a faster website provides a better user experience, leads to more traffic and conversions, all of which contribute to improved SEO and ranking.
- Google Considers Speed to be a Ranking Factor
- Speed Affects Your Conversion Rate
- Speed Impacts Your Bounce Rate
8) Not Measuring the Return on Your Investment
Return on investment simply compares the profit that resulted from a digital marketing campaign to how much the campaign cost to create and deploy. Ideally, you want as high an ROI as possible.
Below are common KPIs to consider:
- Unique Monthly Visitors
- Cost Per Lead
- Cost Per Acquisition (CPA OR CAC)
- Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
- Average Order Value (AOV)
- Customer Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Lead To Cost Ratio
9) Not Picking a Target Market
Common problems clients have when trying to target a specific audience, MaxClix uses in-depth research and analysis to help prevent the following common issues clients have.
- You went to broad
- You went to narrow
- You forgot about psychographic factors
- You went for non-buyers
- Your market needs a lot of convincing
Your choice of a target market can make or break the success of your marketing strategy. If you pick the wrong market, your marketing messages will not resonate with them as well as they could.
10) Not Working with a Professional Team
The most common of all problems on this blog post as you would have guessed is the simple fact that 90% of clients are not working with a team of professionals that are using tools and industry research to help the client develop a digital marketing campaign to succeed. MaxClix was founded specifically for this reason, we found that 60% of our clients had a in house person running their SEO on digital media for them but didn’t receive the results that they wanted. The other 40% of our clients were working with a quote-on-quote professional team but also not satisfied with the results that they were getting vs the amount of money and time spent. Let Maxclix help you with these common issues and see how one of our Service plans can get your company on the right track today.