A creative strategy captures how the brand will tell its story to a targeted audience, the personality, and behaviors the brand will need to adopt in order for success and, potentially, the communication themes that will bind the storytelling together.
The key areas to identify in creative strategy are:
- Determining what is best content to create, what will the message be, how is it different?
- What will you do that will encourage your audience to respond, engage and converse?
- What will everything look like, is there a visual theme or guideline?
- Refer to the content strategy, remember this is the story we are trying to tell
- our audience base?
Developing A Successful Creative Marketing Strategy
Marketing teams don’t have time or budget to waste. To achieve success, considerable thought must be put into what and how you do it. We suggest you heed this advice:
- Make it goal-oriented and focused. Your creative strategy should answer the why, what, and how you will achieve a defined goal.
- Be mindful of time. Include a timeline in your strategy so each team member stays on track and avoids any last-minute problems.
- Share it with relevant stakeholders. Achieving your marketing goal requires a high level of collaboration, which means each stakeholder must see and understand how it aligns with their work, such as brand strategy.
- Clearly define your goals
- Write a creative strategy statement
- Choose your key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Determine on your messaging and marketing channels
- Set a budget
- Create a timeline
By focusing on the key components, we’ve outlined above, you can construct a creative strategy that helps ensure you are spending your team’s budget, time, and energy wisely.
Developing Content That Is Transferable
The biggest challenge in the asset development stage is maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of your assets. creating assets that can easily be converted to suit other social platforms. For example:
Shoot high-quality video: Shoot video in the largest quality and consider video being effective as a vertical or horizontal video. During production, you should consider readability and video resolution across devices to ensure you can engage your audience on a mobile or desktop.
- Capture GIFs: GIFs can be captured out of video creative to be used in other campaigns or to complement existing ones.
- Convert assets: Convert existing creative assets into dynamic assets if appropriate. Examples of this would be on Facebook canvas where advertisers can create a rich mobile experience to target their audience on Facebook and Instagram mobile apps.
- Use existing assets: Take existing visual assets, like TV ads, and editing them to suit digital formats and channels.
- Aid SEO: Identify and use anything that you built as more content for your site to aid SEO. These assets include things like infographics which can be distributed on social or email and drive links for SEO off-site link building.
Now it’s time to take your strategy and build creative messages and ideas that you will communicate through digital. Remember, you must consider the budget when developing a creative strategy. It is important not to limit your initial thinking, but at the same time, at some stage, you need to draw the line and be realistic about your possibilities.
The Main Types Of SEO And How They Are Important To Your Overall Marketing Strategy
On-page search engine optimization (SEO)
On-page SEO relates to the content on your website
This type of SEO includes:
Technical Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Technical SEO relates to non-content elements of your website
The types of SEO included in this category relate to:
- Site speed
- Mobile friendliness
- Site architecture
- Structured data
Off-Page Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Off-page SEO techniqueshelp strengthen the influence and relationship your website has with other websites.
- Most off-site SEO relates to high–quality backlinks. A large volume of links pointing to your site from relevant, authoritative sites shows search engines that your site is valuable and established. You can gain these trust signals through a variety of link building and guest posting tactics.